During the year, 5th graders will be:
- Learning sycopated rhythms
- Learning and singing Folk Music that originated in the U.S.
- Singing songs from the Get America Singing, Again book.
- Learning patriotic music - especially The Star-Spangled Banner
- Using their music writing skills with composition projects
- Singing countermelodies and descants
- Learning letter names of notes on G-Clef or Treble Clef and F-Clef or Bass Clef
- Using Stomp as inspiration to create their own music in a group project.
- Studying Classical, Romantic, and Contemporary periods of music
- Studying Opera and Musical Theater