During the year in choir, the student will be:
Working on physical aspect of singing.
Learning different languages.
Listening and critiquing music.
Performing in several different community and conference events.
Becoming a 'team' of diverse members with ONE goal; be GREAT at whatever we are doing!
National Standards for Music Education
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Since 1994, the National Standards of Music have been implemented in schools across the country.. For more information, feel free to visit www.menc.org.